Pinot Noir Risotto with Wild Mushrooms
- 3–4 cups Low sodium chicken broth
- 3 tbsps Unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup Chopped yellow onion
- 1 cup Arborio rice
- 1/2 cup Michael Pozzan Russian River Pinot Noir
- 1 oz Dry Porcini Mushrooms that have been soaked in very hot water for 30 minutes
- 1/2 cup Grated Parmesan cheese, plus additional for garnish
- Salt & pepper to taste
In a separate pot, bring broth to a simmer over medium heat.
In a heavy, large saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the onions and sauté until translucent, about 6 minutes. Stir in the rice, and cook for 2 minutes, making sure the kernels are tossed well into the butter mixture. Add the wine and stir until it is absorbed, about 1 minute. Add ½ cup of broth, simmer over medium heat, stirring often. Repeat, adding another ½ cup, and stir frequently. Chop the reconstituted mushrooms and add to the rice. Strain the soaking liquid from the mushrooms, and add to the pot.
Continue cooking until all broth is used, or until the rice is tender and creamy, but still firm (al dente) to the bite. Add the parmesan cheese, and pass additional cheese separately.
Serve with a green salad and a rustic style Baguette.